top code

Shop My Beauty Collection

Saturday 18 January 2014

Chanel Le Vernis | Rouge Noir

Hello My Lovelies,

Hope you are all doing well and are having a fabulous weekend so far. I have had a lovely day out with the family organising some exciting things which will be revealed soon. I made sure to have a well deserved Saturday lie in this morning after having a pretty stressful week at University jam packed with presentations and deadlines. So, to make myself feel better and being the typical girly girl i am i decided to go treat myself to a manicure. Myself and Mamma Meola typical go every month just to treat ourselves and i love our quality time together, gossiping shopping and making plans haha. 

The salon we go to has every single nail polish brand and colour you could think of but occasionally we will bring our own just in case we want something they might not necessarily have. Whilst working with Chanel the last few months i have really fallen in love with their nail polish line. I only have two in my collection so far after giving into temptation over the Christmas season and i can't wait to grow my collection more, they are so divine.


Myself and Mamma Meola decided to get matching nails and use one of my new Chanel polishes #18 Rouge Noir. Rouge Noir is in fact Chanels No.1 selling nail polish and i can see why, it is such a classic and iconic shade that will compliment so many different outfits and occasions. It is very much a typical autumnal shade but who says you can't wear a dark shade like this in the summer time…i love mixing my nail polishes up. 

As you can see from the picture it is very much a deep burgundy shade and two coats was the perfect opaque application for me. In the past i have had Chanel polishes last on my nails up to 3 weeks so i am very excited to see how this shade will hold up. The packaging itself is stunning and the brush is extremely handy and precise. In the salon it took three strokes to apply the polish with no streaking and without making a mess. I know from experience from applying more dark vampy shades that they can tend to get a little messy. I don't mind going back and cleaning up the edges with a cotton bud and nail polish remover but it can get a little time consuming. Drying time was pretty average and under a UV light took around 10 minutes to dry completely with a clear top coat. 

Overall, i am really glad i ventured out and tried a nail polish a little more outside my comfort zone. IT is a stunning shade and i am really loving it so far. Like always lovelies, if you have any questions, requests or if you just want a chat you can contact me on my social media or leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you all and i make sure to read every single comment…they really make my day!

Have you tried any Chanel polishes? Have you got your eye on any particular shades?

Lots of Love
Share:

21 comments

  1. Oh wow, this is beautiful. What an amazing and classic colour, Chanel can do no wrong! Great review x

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been really wanting to try a chanel but stuck for colours, this is a gorgeous shade I may need to purchase this
    - Linsey x
    redvelvetkiss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow beautiful colour. so jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this is a gorgeous shade, you can totally see why it's their most popular one! It looks lovely :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whilst many complain about Chanel chipping and I can't deny it's not the longest lasting I can't help but love buying them! I must post about my Chanel collection, the varying shades of red I have is ridiculous but I love them. Rouge Noir is of course in my collection and it's definitely one of my go to shades.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it red? Is it black? I don't care, it's gorgeous!

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥ HUGE Giveaway Now on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore this shade - I think I've managed to get a (significantly!) cheaper dupe from Collection but I'm still lusting after this. Let us know how it holds up in terms of chipping, as that would be the dealbreaker for me as to whether I should shell out!

    http://ninegrandstudent.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful colour, I love how it's almost a bit two toned going from dark to lighter xxx

    Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a nice shade for the winter season! Almost the epitome of winter color in one nail polish!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah this is such a beauty!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful shade! I've got a similar shade from Revlon called Divine, and I've been wearing it none-stop!

    The Beauty Maniac in Tokyo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful colour, though I don't think I could spend £18 on a nail varnish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve just discovered your blog and I’m in love with it already! Loved this post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh this looks gorgeous!and you have photographed your nails and the polish so beautifully:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful varnish. I've only tried one Chanel polish and it was amazing, as expected. This one is a stunner though.

    Nakita | N. Style & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Sophia!

    Love this color,i don't even think I can compare it to another! Love it.


    We have a Beauty & Fashion group of over 300 bloggers if you want to join!


    xo, The Beauty Blogger Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh this is a lovely colour :) I also love the shape of your nails (probably a crazy thing to say...) Congratulations on becoming an Asos Insider Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mum and I both wear this shade too! I love it. xx
    PS, your blog design is beaut, and I have followed on bloglovin! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This shade is absolutely gorgeous!

    C x | Gymbags & Gladrags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog, have a little read and leave a comment. Blogging has become such a huge part of my life and I am loving every single second of it. I absolutely love hearing from you all and I will do my very best to answer any questions you may have. Lots of Love, Sophia ❤

© Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig