top code

Shop My Beauty Collection

Sunday 10 November 2013

La Roche - Posay Effaclar Duo

Hello My Lovelies!

Hope you are all doing well and you all had a fabulous weekend! This was officially my last weekend as a 20 year old…OMG i seriously cannot believe i am 21 on Tuesday! If you would like a Birthday related post then pretty please let me know :) So, a few weeks ago i popped into one of my local Boots stores and picked up a few beauty goodies that i had on my wish list. I was planning on writing up my little Boots haul this evening but after doing my Sunday skincare pampering session i thought i would talk about a new skincare favourite of mine that i intact picked up in the haul…the La Roche - Posay Effaclar Duo. 


The La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo is something that is regularly spoken about throughout the bbloggersphere and after seeing countless Youtube Guru's such as Tanya Burr rave about this product i thought i would bite the bullet and finally give it a go. I have been using it now for a good 10 days and i have noticed a difference in my skin. When i started to use it i had a few imperfections on my face and now they are hardly visible and the product has helped them disappear. Naturally at first i was a little clueless and i was not 100% sure what it's purpose was and where to place it within my skincare routine…i mean no one is perfect right haha?! The formulation packs a punch and offers 'Niacinaminde and Piroctone Olamine to fight against bacterial proliferation and eliminates imperfections. Pores clogged with sebum: the combination of LHA and Linleic Acid unclogs pores while eliminating the accumulated dead cells responsible for the blockage'. Effaclar Duo claims 'The pres are purifies. Even the most sever imperfections disappear. The skin is smoother and cleaner. Lasting balance-replenishment to restore all the qualities of healthy skin.' Ever since using it i can personaly see a difference in my skin and it is fascinating to see the science behind it haha. 

You have the option to use the Effaclar Duo is a spot treatment or all over face treatment / moisturiser. I have been using it morning and evening without fail because i want it to have the most possible impact on my skin and i think consistency is key with any skincare routine and i have been known to fall out of routine with it haha. It is specifically produced for those with 'oily skin with imperfections', although i have a true combination skin which is prone to the occasional breakout and it is working fine with my skin so far…fingers crossed. La Roche - Posay follows strict formulations standards and ensures all products are paraben free, 100% hypoallergenic, non comedgenic, have high concentrations of selected active ingredients with soothing thermal spring water, minimal ingredients and fragrance, tested on sensitive skin and that the product packaging minimises all forms of mice-bacterial contamination so you know you are using something without all of those added nasties which cause more harm than good. 

Not only is Effaclar Duo an affective skincare product but i am also really enjoying using it as a primer type product for under my makeup. I feel like the product can create a barrier between my face and the makeup and work it's magic throughout the day. Appearance wise it has quite a generic appearance but it is much lighter and has a really refreshing scent which when applied to the skin feels like you are at a spa having a facial treatment. It errs more on the side of a light moisturiser with  slight gel like consistency and it blends into the skin effortlessly without leaving any residue, flaky bits or white residue behind. 

Overall, i am really enjoying using this new skincare discovery within my skincare routine and it is working as a fabulous primer for my makeup throughout the day, i do love multi-functional products, don't you? :D I would love to know what your skincare saviours have been lately? Like always lovelies, if you have any questions, requests or if you just want a chat you can contact me on my social media or leave me a comment below. I loveee hearing from you all i make sure to read every single comment…they really make my day!

Lots of Love
Share:

10 comments

  1. I bought this the other day, and I'm so excited to start using it after seeing that you've had such good results.
    I'm suffering with a huge breakout at the moment, and I'm hoping this'll help calm it down. Where do you place it in your skin care routine, in place of a moisturiser?

    Lucy x thelittleblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about this brand! My sister was able to clear her skin with the moisturizer and gel cleanser! I might just try this one! :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this and I'm really enjoying it also, it does make a great primer I agree.
    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen SO much about this, I need to try it. Sounds amazing! xx

    Leanne | makeupblast.blogspot.ie | bloglovin.com/blog/3923219

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me - this was ok-ay. I liked using it but I didn't notice much of a difference in skin texture - sadface - but it seems to work for lots of other people! Boo.

    Love Zoe x
    Face Value Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really good to know that it has given good and effective results to you. I have also bought this one after some recommendation of my friend and after reading your post I am quite confident about the positive results. Also, please suggest some really good but a different perfume or fragrance for women and not the common ones. Actually I am looking out try some new perfume for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great little product, I just love the brand in general :) such lovely skincare.

    Really enjoying your blog, so you now have a new follower lovely :)

    www.beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to post a review of the Duo, too! Though I have to say I wasn't as impressed ... maybe I'm not using it right? :/ x
    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how it doubles as a primer! This sounds like a great product :D

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog, have a little read and leave a comment. Blogging has become such a huge part of my life and I am loving every single second of it. I absolutely love hearing from you all and I will do my very best to answer any questions you may have. Lots of Love, Sophia ❤

© Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig